First off, I have reusable “ice” and it’s coloured … second … YUM-MY!!!
Original recipe adapted from Oh She Glows
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup raw brown sugar
- ¾ cup strong espresso or coffee (I didn’t actually use this because I really don’t like coffee!)
- ¾ cup Tullamore D.E.W. Irish Whiskey
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium pot, whisk together the cans of coconut milk.
- Add in sugar and whisk together.
- Bring to a low boil then simmer for 8 – 10 minutes, stirring frequently until it cooks downs and thickens (mine didn’t really “thicken” but I didn’t want to make condensed milk, so I did it for about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and whisk in espresso, if using.
- Add a pinch of salt and then whisk in the whiskey.
- Store in an airtight container for 4 – 5 days (if you can keep it around that long!)
- Drink in coffee, hot chocolate or over ice … as pictured above!