Have you had a chance to try Happy Planet’s Chatham Carrot & Ginger Soup yet? If not, I suggest you do because it’s fantastic! However, to make a pretty simple carrot soup, check out this Gona Be Vegan original recipe:
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 1 leek, white only, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Boil onion, carrot and leek in water until carrots are soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
- Blend using a hand-held impulsion blender.
- If a smoother consistency is desired, puree in a blender.