I’ve been on a bit of a hummus and guacamole kick as of recently. I’ve been making open-faced cucumber and tomato sandwiches on a nice whole grain vegetable bread and using hummus on one slice and guac on the other – absolutely de-lish!!
Hummus – original recipe taken from the book The Accidental Vegan
- 2 – 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 – 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup water
- Whiz the garlic and olive oil in a food processor.
- Add chickpeas through salt and process.
- Slowly add water while blending.
Guacamole – original recipe adapted from the book The Engine 2 Diet
- 1 ½ avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Juice lime into a bowl.
- Mince garlic into same bowl.
- Add avocado through onion powder.
- Mash with a fork.
- Place 1 avocado seed in mixture to help slow the browning process.