One thing I have thoroughly missed since becoming vegan is eggs and egg salad. I’m so glad I’ve taken to tofu in the past few months and can finally enjoy some healthier versions of my previously favourite dishes.
The bread I’ve listed below is a new find for me – although, I’m not certain how long it’s been available because I have always been of the mindset to avoid breads … but this is a 100% whole grain bread made with rehydrated carrots, celery and leeks.
Original Gona Be Vegan recipe.
Makes 1 sandwich.
- ¼ pkg extra firm tofu
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt
- 2 slices Country Harvest Veggie Bread
- 1 leaf romaine lettuce
- 4 slices Soya cheese
- In a bowl, mash the tofu with a fork.
- Add mustard through pepper (all to taste).
- Spread some vegenaise on the bread.
- Top with lettuce, “egg” mix and cheese.