Original recipe from Greener Resolutions
- ¾ cup organic coconut cream
- 3 tbsp organic rice malt syrup
- 5 tbsp organic coconut oil
- ⅓ tsp pink sea salt flakes
- 2 ½ cups organic desiccated coconut
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla essence
- ½ cup organic coconut oil
- ¾ cup organic raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp organic rice malt syrup
- Grab a saucepan and heat it up to medium heat whilst combining coconut cream, rice malt syrup, coconut oil, sea salt and vanilla essence.
- Stir well until all ingredients are combined in the saucepan.
- Line a tray with baking paper and spray it lightly with any type of oil you may have or brush it with coconut oil (so the bars don’t stick to the paper).
- Press the mixture into the baking tray, making sure the mixture is about 2 – 2 ½ centimeters in height.
- Freeze until set.
- Once frozen, cut the bars into the sizes you like (I’d suggest sizes like 5 cm in length and 2 cm in with) and then back in the freezer they go.
- Combine coconut oil, rice malt syrup and raw cacao powder in a small saucepan and bring it to a low/medium heat. Stir consistently – make sure it doesn’t burn!
- Take off the heat when all ingredients are combined evenly and cool slightly.
- Grab the bounty-bars from your freezer and coat evenly in the chocolate.
- As the bars are already very cool, you only need to let them sit for one minute until you can coat them in a 2nd layer of chocolate.
- Place back in freezer until chocolate is completely set.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container.
OMG – I cannot WAIT to try this recipe!