Original recipe from book Forks Over Knives
- Two 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 tbsp chile powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups mashed cooked pinto beans
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- One 2 ¼ oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 – 2 tbsp chopped green chilies
- 10 – 12 corn tortillas
- Sour cream
- Put ingredients tomato sauce through garlic powder into a sauce pan.
- Mix well with a whisk until will combined.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put beans through chilies into a large bowl and mix gently until well combined.
- Spread 1 ½ cups of sauce over bottom of 9 x 13 non-stick (or greased) baking dish.
- Place 3 – 4 tortillas in the bottom of the dish.
- Spread ½ the bean mixture evenly over the tortillas.
- Place another 3 – 4 tortillas over the bean mixture.
- Spread remaining bean mixture on top.
- Cover with 3 – 4 tortillas and top with remaining sauce.
- Cover dish with parchment paper then aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let stand, out of oven, for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.