Original recipe taken from eBook What to Feed That Effing Vegan
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp poultry seasoning
- ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 2 cups cooked green lentils
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ cup walnut chunks
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Saute onion, garlic, celery and carrot for 5 minutes.
- Add this mix and remaining ingredients to a food precursory.
- Pulse until everything comes together, with bits and pieces still visible.
- Scoop into loaf pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 45 – 60 minutes, checking after 45 minutes.
- Touch the top and make sure it feels solid all the way through.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before turning over to a serving dish.
This picture CLEARLY doesn’t indicate a ‘loaf’ of ANY sort! However, it was really quite delicious! I served it with Mushroom Gravy. I think it needed to bake a bit longer and also rest longer before turning over from the loaf pan.