Original recipe from eBook What to Feed That Effing Vegan
- 1 cup grape jelly
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 small tomato, diced small
- juice ½ lime
- In a small saucepan, heat jelly over low heat.
- Whisk in cornstarch, chili flakes and tomato.
- Allow mixture to lightly bubble and thicken, but not too much, so that it remains “fluid”.
- Finish the sauce with the lime juice.
- Serve with Bean Balls.
I forgot to take a picture, but it was purple like grape jelly and a kick it definitely had! The original recipe suggests dipping each Bean Ball and leaving the remaining sauce for additional dipping, but I simply served the Bean Balls not dipped and the sauce on the side for individual dipping.