Original recipe from eBook What to Feed That Effing Vegan
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tsp + a drizzle melted coconut oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup Coconut “Bacon”
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- tiny drizzle maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss Brussels with melted coconut oil and salt.
- Roast for 20 – 25 minutes, turning ½ way through.
- In a small sauce pan with a drizzle of coconut oil, sauté onion.
- Drizzle over a bit of maple syrup and cook on low until brown and caramelized.
- When Brussels are done, toss them with onion mix.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with Coconut “Bacon”.
This dish was quite the hit with the whole table! The Coconut “Bacon” was quite good with the maple syrup onions and Brussels.