Original recipe taken from eBook What to Feed That Effing Vegan
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- Sea salt (if desired)
- Pepper (if desired)
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add shallot and garlic.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and poultry seasoning and stir to coat.
- Add mushrooms.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in hot water and add to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes on a low bubble until gravy thickens.
- Stir in salt & pepper, if desired.
- Blend with immersion blender for creamy consistency.
- Sieve to remove chunks, unless you like them!
I added the “sieve” step because I am not a huge fan of mushrooms and did NOT want chunks of them in my gravy … I also didn’t use any salt & pepper, but wish I had used a bit of salt. The gravy was very tasty and I will absolutely make it again!