Original recipe from Food.com
One of the dishes I am going to make for Christmas appies is the Spinach Artichoke Dip I’ve blogged here. However, when I went to purchase the necessary ingredients, Nature’s Fare Market was OUT of Tofutti Sour Cream! So a quick improvise came up with homemade sour cream … and here it is:
- 1 pkg (300 grams) soft tofu
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until thoroughly smooth – 3 – 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour to thicken.
- Store in an airtight container for 4 – 6 days.