Original recipe from eBook What to Feed That Effing Vegan
- 3 generous handfuls of large-flake, unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix liquid smoke through maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Put coconut into a larger bowl and drizzle with liquid mixture.
- Spread coconut onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, mixing after 10 minutes.
- “Bacon” will continue to crisp as it cools.
- Store in an airtight container for about a week.
Honestly, this “bacon” is so tasty! I could munch on it all day long!!!