Original recipe taken from Full Bellies
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 pkg dry active yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance, melted
- ½ cup Earth Balance
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water.
- Let sit, covered, for 10 minutes (fixture should be frothy).
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and 1st salt.
- Add flour mix to yeast mix.
- Add 1st melted butter.
- Mix with wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Knead dough for a few minutes until smooth.
- DO NOT OVER KNEAD.
- Cut into 10 – 12 similarly-sized pieces.
- Roll into strips.
- Cover and set in a warm place for 45 – 60 minutes.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, combine 2nd butter through 2nd sea salt.
- Pull bread from oven and brush with ½ garlic butter mixture.
- Bake for another 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with remaining garlic butter mixture.
- Serve hot!
CanNOT wait to try this recipe!!!