The original recipe is from T.O.F.U. – you can get free digital copies of their magazines on the website!
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup hot water (or more to desired consistency)
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp of tamari
- dash of cayenne
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ lb tofu, extra firm, cut into large chunks
- desired vegetables (suggestions: onion, carrots, broccoli, peppers, cauliflower, etc)
- 1 cup brown rice
- Begin to cook brown rice (2 parts water to one part rice).
- Simmer on lowest heat.
- In a saucepan, sauté the garlic and ginger in oil.
- Add peanut butter and then water, whisking as the water is being added.
- Simmer on lowest possible heat.
- Add vinegar, tamari, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside.
- Sauté the tofu and veggies of your choice in tamari, water, and oil.
- Serve the veggies and sauce over a bed of rice.