The original recipe is from T.O.F.U.
- 1 – 1 ½ cups of broccoli flowers and stems, cut
- ½ package of tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 small onion, cut
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp safflower or canola oil (or another vegetable oil that can be used on high heat)
- A pinch or two of coriander
- A pinch or two of basil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tamari
- Any other vegetables you want.
- Chop the vegetables, tofu, and garlic.
- Rinse the quinoa and place in a small saucepan on medium heat with the water.
- When the water begins to boil slightly, reduce heat to low.
- In a frying pan or wok, heat up the oil (both oils at the same time).
- Once it is hot, add the garlic and onion.
- Fry for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the broccoli, tofu, coriander, basil, and soy sauce.
- Stir and cover with a lid.
- Keep stirring every few minutes until the broccoli is just about tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- If there is not enough liquid to steam the broccoli, add a bit more oil.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, add the quinoa to the stir fry.
- Add more soy sauce if you wish.
- Stir in for a minute or two.