Original recipe from the eBook Jacked on the Beanstalk by Samantha Shorkey
- 14 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 oz can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 19 oz can of diced tomatoes, juice included
- 1 small butternut squash, cubed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 ½ – 2 tbsp chilli seasoning, from the Ethnic aisle (or 4 tbsp chili powder, from the basic spice aisle)
- 1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- Cook over medium heat for about 30 – 45 minutes until vegetables are cooked.
Review: knowing that the Ethnic-version of chilli seasoning is super hot, I used only 2 tbsp of it … and wowzers – this chili is H-O-T!!! It’s really good, though – glad it made a big batch because I now have lunch for a couple of days!!!