- 2 cups chopped greens
- ½ cup diced tofu
- ½ Roma tomato, diced
- 1″ English cucumber, peeled & diced
- ¼ avocado, diced
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- Nutritional yeast
- In a pot with a steamer top, boil about 2″ water.
- Add greens and steam for maybe 3 – 5 minutes.
- Place steamed greens in a bowl and top with diced tofu, veggies, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and nutritional yeast.
My thoughts: I used 1 leaf of romaine, 1 leaf of kale and about 10 leaves of spinach. I also used the medium-firm tofu that I opened yesterday and had in the fridge, but this firmness of tofu is just a little to smooshy for me, so I might go with a firm or extra firm next time. Lastly, I think I might use a bigger bowl or drizzle the oil and sprinkle the seasonings on the greens first, before adding the chopped items.
Overall, I’m pretty satiated … we’ll see how long it lasts! Normally I have a smoothie or granola with coconut milk and q’ia mix for breakfast and that keeps the hunger pangs away until around 10 am.