Original recipe from eBook “Vegan Cooking at Home” by The Vegan Project. For this post, I’ve halved the original recipe.
- 1 cup cubed firm tofu
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp finely diced red onion
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp veganaise
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 – 1 ½ tsp lime juice, fresh
- Black pepper
- Salt (optional)
- Cilantro or parsley, fresh & chopped
- Make the dressing by combining the onion, mayo, curry powder, lime juice and pepper.
- Toss the cubed tofu in the dressing.
- Add raisins, almonds and fresh herbs.
- Serve on a bed of crunchy romaine lettuce, rolled in a lightly steamed collard green leaf or on top of lightly toasted bread.
I was unsure of what level of “firm” tofu was actually needed. I used “medium firm” tofu, but felt that a more firm variety might be better.