Original recipe from http://www.godairyfree.org
- ⅓ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 4 tsp coconut oil
- ½ cup carob chips
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- Chopped or crushed candy canes, for topping
- Heat the coconut milk and oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until hot and just barely beginning to bubble, but not fully boiling. Remove from heat.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and pour the coconut mixture over top. Stir vigorously until all of the chocolate is melted.
- Stir in the extracts.
- Sift in the sugar and cocoa and stir until thoroughly combined. The mixture will be quite thick. Taste test, and if desired, add a little more sugar.
- Place 16 to 20 mini cupcake liners in a mini muffin tin (just to keep them in place).
- Spoon the fudge mixture into each cupcake liner, filling them about ⅔ to ¾ full, and smooth them out.
- Top with crushed candy cane, gently pressing it in.
- Let set up at room temperature, or chill to hasten the process.