One thing that I’ve come to realize is that I find a recipe on a website and I bookmark it. Then I forget why I bookmarked it and just pass over it time and time again. So I’m going to post some recipes here that I want to try but haven’t had the chance yet. I think I’ll categorize them as “Gona Try”!
Original recipe from http://mywholefoodlife.com
- ¾ cups pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- ¾ cups coconut butter or coconut manna
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp cloves
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix all ingredients together and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into lined muffin pans (regular works but mini would be a better bite-size).
- Place pan in the fridge to set for a few hours.
This is what it looked like “heating” … I wasn’t sure what should happen – should it liquify? Should it stay like this?
Anyways, it ended up staying like this … and I haven’t tried a piece yet (they are cooling in the fridge).
The original recipe made 6 regular muffin tin-sized pieces.
I opted for mini-muffin tins and the filling filled each spot more than full … might be better to have 2 mini tins? I’ll see when I actually eat one of the pieces!
UPDATE AFTER ACTUALLY EATING A PIECE: I would add some coconut extract and maybe a bit more maple syrup – they just weren’t sweet enough. Also, I would make them about half the depth of a mini-muffin tin rather than filling the mini-muffin tins full.