Original recipe from http://piesandplots.net
- ½ cups, plus 1 tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- ¾ cup coconut oil, solid
- 3 ½ – 4 cups blackberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper, leaving overhang for easy removal later.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ½ cup of sugar, flour through coconut, until combined.
- Add coconut oil and stir until it is distributed evenly, and a crumbly mixture forms.
- Press ½ of this mixture into the lined pan.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir together blackberries, remaining sugar and lemon juice.
- Pour this over the mixture in the pan and top with remaining coconut mixture.
- Bake 50 – 60 minutes, rotating the pan half way through, until it is golden brown.
- Cool bars in pan completely before slicing and serving.