Truth be told – I have not actually made nor tried this recipe yet. However, it sounds great and it fits perfectly with my Authentic Yellow Dal recipe!
UPDATE: the recipe has officially been made and tested! Changes below and picture above!
This recipe was taken from Eat Right 4 Your Type website and Type A blood.
- 2 (not 4 as original) tbsp butter (Earth Balance)
- ¼ (actual onion, not cup as original) onion, chopped
- 2 (not 1 as original) clove garlic, minced
- 1 (not 1 ½ as original) cups basmati rice, uncooked (I didn’t have basmati, so I used jasmine)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup water (I didn’t actually use the water)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and sauté onion for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic – sauté 1 minute.
- Add rice – sauté 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Once I actually make and try this, I’ll be sure to update this post!
UPDATE: I reduced the amount of butter because it was just too buttery. When it says “simmer” it really means “simmer” … I had to put my burner on 1 (whereas I would normally use 2 – 3 for “simmer”). It didn’t suggest stirring, but I did a few times – which was good because the rice was starting to stick to the bottom of my pan.
All in all, this is a really great dish. I am very excited to try it tomorrow with Authentic Yellow Dal for lunch!