This recipe is from the Eat Right 4 Your Type book (Type A).
The original recipe makes 4 – 6 servings and uses a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. I used a 5″ x 5″ dish instead because even one THAT small would give me leftovers!
- 1 package (175 g) tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella “cheese”
- ¼ cup Herbed Nut Cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- 2 cups Pesto Sauce
- 2 rice lasagna noodles, cooked & cut to size
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mash tofu and olive oil using a fork.
- Add in mozza, nut cheese, spinach and seasonings and mix thoroughly.
- Layer ½ cup pesto, noodles, cheese.
- Repeat to use all ingredients and end with noodles then sauce on top.
- Bake 30 – 45 minutes.
I found this dish to taste very rich (not overly) and cheesy. The small baking dish actually gave me 4 small servings that I included with a piece of garlic toast.