I made a few different versions of these muffins, including with a gluten-free flour. All have turned out amazing!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup milk (I used coconut milk, cartoned not canned)
- ⅓ cup butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 2 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup raspberries, chopped
- ½ cup blackberries, chopped
- ½ cup carob chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a muffin tin, or insert liners
- Combine flour through salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar through vinegar.
- Combine wet to dry and mix in chips.
- Fold in berries – colour may run but that’s A-OK!
- Fill tins around ⅔ full.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes in the tin, then move to a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before attempting to remove liners or eat … it’s a tough battle because they are so temptingly delicious!!!