I made these and took some to work. I gave samples to my coworkers and asked for their opinions … some could tell they weren’t actual chocolate, but none knew they were made with chickpeas and no flour!
- 1 ¼ cups canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup carob chips
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all but carob chips in food processor.
- By hand, mix in chips.
- Drop by spoonful or form balls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes
- Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool further.