This recipe was taken from the eBook Vegan Cooking at Home as released by http://www.theveganproject.ca and this is an AMAZING and DELICIOUS option to use with crackers and in other recipes!
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup raw macadamia nuts
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- 1 package (175 g) extra firm tofu, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs (I use chives, basil, rosemary and marjoram)
- black pepper
- Combine cashews, macadamia nuts, lemon juice, garlic and maple syrup in a food processor and puree to a thick paste.
- Add tofu & oil and blend until smooth.
- Add in fresh herbs, salt and pepper and pulse until combined.
That’s it! Enjoy!!!